It's no secret, how much I love ice cream. I thought I'd share the places I love, the flavors I'm obsessed with and even the places I've been wanting to try. I can't really say that any of the ice cream joints in LA are bad because I really enjoy my ice cream. I would just say that I get a kick out of non- traditional flavors and some are just better than others. Here I've listed them in order of how much I like them:
1. Carmela's Ice cream is just my favorite. I love their Lavender Honey, but all their flavors are amazing. If I get to choose where to get my ice cream, I always end up there.
2. I recently tried Jeni's that opened in Los Feliz. I thought their wildberry lavender tasted a lot like fruit loops. I liked it but it wasn't what I expected. The flavors offered were quite unique however. I tried popcorn which was surprisingly delicious. I'm looking forward to trying many more they have to offer.
3. Sweet Rose is another great one that happens to be closer to me and open a little later than most. I typically go for their seasonal flavors. One of the best seasonal flavors that I've had there was definitely Apple Pie.
4. If late night ice cream is what you crave then Milk is your ticket. They have good flavors but I particularly like to get their macaron ice cream sammies. While they do have classics, the macaron flavors aren't so typical, and you can always make your own sandwich creations.
5. Salt n Straw is great too. I like sea salt with caramel ribbons and the toasted coconut with candied macadamia nuts. They always have some wild seasonal creations but I love that you can try as many as you like.
6. Sprinkles is always great for a cupcake but I will say their captain crunch and butter pecan ice cream is pretty good. I think getting the ice cream with the cupcake (sprinkles sundae) makes it more enjoyable. I don't know if that's cheating but it works haha.
7. McConnells in Grand central market is good. I like their Eureka lemon & Marionberries.
8. Honey Mee which I recently just tried for the first time is super cutesy but not my jam. It's nothing special in my opinion.
Also Snow Monster and Popbar are super great and worth mentioning places to visit in OC. I recently tried Cauldron but wasn't a fan. They had pretty presentation, but the flavor wasn't there.
As far as the places I've been wanting to try...Hammond's Gourmet Ice Cream, Afters, Amorino, and Mateo ice cream and fruit bars.
Happy ice cream journey to ya! XO